Last Updated: 26 April 2018
Cookies and Why We Use Them
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize S2E pages, or submit a contact form via S2E Site or services, a cookie helps S2E to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same S2E website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the S2E features that you customized.
We use the following types of cookies for the following reasons:
- Strictly necessary cookies — These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a secure contact form.
- Analytical/performance cookies — They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies — These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies — These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
First-party Cookies (S2E Consulting’s Website)
S2E’s website sets cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Visitor ID — this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency during a website visit;
- Page Number — this cookie identifies the page you are on;
- Session ID — this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test — this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies
Third-party Cookies (Websites Outside of S2E Consulting)
Depending on your interaction with our website, third-party cookies may be activated, and we do not control the operation of any of these cookies. The third-party cookies, which may be activated, include the following websites:
Accepting, Declining and Blocking Cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the S2E services or websites you visit.
Users may block cookies by activating the setting on their browser that allows them to refuse the setting of all or select cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.